Shifts can be deleted (and deleted shifts can be viewed and restored) by managers with permission to Add/Edit/Delete Shifts.
Normally it is best to use the By Employee Schedule View to edit, delete, clone or assign shifts because it allows you to quickly make changes without the page reloading. To delete a shift on that view, you can click the shift, and click the DELETE Shift button in the upper left. Deleting shifts is permanent and they cannot later be restored.
To Delete a Shift using other Weekly Schedule Views:
From any weekly schedule view (except the By Employee):
- Click on any shift to open the Shift Change window
- Make whatever changes are needed
- Click the DELETE Shift button in the top left of the window to delete the shift
- Click Yes
- The window will close and the schedule view will be updated
- If the shift was on a published week, any affected employee may be automatically notified.