You can designate your full time vs part time employees in a number of ways, depending on your needs:
- USE EMPLOYEE STATUS ICONS This will allow you to quickly see if an employee is full or part time because you will see the colored diamond employee status icons next to their name throughout the system. Only managers see status icons.
- ADD TO EMPLOYEE NAME If you simply want to visually see who is part time vs full time when you are manually assigning shifts, you could edit the employee names to include a part-time designation, like “Jane Doe (PT)” so you can easily tell when looking at the employee names whether they are full-time or part-time.
If you’d like your Employee List and By Employee view to sort by those PT and FT designations, you’d enter them at the beginning of the last name (ie PT Smith, John).
OR you could use one of the two custom employee fields and enter PT or FT for each employee, then you can use the Find feature to limit the view to just one or the other.
- SET MAXIMUM HOURS PER WEEK If your part-time employees are simply restricted to fewer hours but can still work the same positions as your full time employees, then edit each of your employees “maximum hours per week” and “maximum hours per day” fields in the Employees List Grid to reflect the appropriate number of hours the part-time and full-time employees can work.
- USE SEPARATE POSITIONS If your part-time employees are restricted to only work certain types of shifts, or not all the shifts a full-time employee can work, then you can create different Positions for your part-time jobs vs your full-time jobs and edit each employee’s record to allow the part-time employees to only work the part-time type Positions and the full-time employees to allow them to work either just the full-time type Positions or both full-time and part-time Positions (depending on your situation).
- AUTOFILL FULL TIME FIRST If you want to use AutoFill and give your full-time employees first choice of the assignments before the part-time employees are considered, you can set the part-time employees to a different “priority group” (say 2 or 3 etc) using bulk edit and then use AutoFill “By Priority Groups” to have your full-time employees with priority group 1 assigned before the group 2 and 3, etc are assigned.
part time employees part-time parttime employees full time full-time employees casual f-t ft pt p-t per diem outside contractors distinction between part time employees and casuals