Why isn’t an employee able to trade shifts?
If a shift is not showing on the Tradeboard, it might be due to one of the following reasons:
- The week the shift is in has not yet been Published
- The employee is not navigated to the correct week or month of the Tradeboard display
- The employee is not able to work that Position (Employees can only see shifts on the Tradeboard for Positions they are able to work).
- Your SETTINGS>”Global Employee permissions” Permission 20 is not set to allow employees to see & pickup unassigned shifts
If your employees trying to use the Tradeboard are having trouble getting their own shifts to appear on the Tradeboard, here are some possible reasons:
- The employee is using a popup blocker that is not allowing the popup window to open to post the shift to appear.
- The employee is trying to post a shift in the past (only future shifts can be posted)
- The employee is not clicking on their own shift, or understanding how to use the “Trade my Shifts” section to post their shift.
Note that the request to trade or cover shifts will not appear on your Manager’s Pending Trades page until another employee clicks on the shift the first employee posted and offers to work the shift.
Managers only see requests between employees when the employees themselves have both agreed to the requested trade.
For instance, if employee A posts a shift1 to trade onto the Tradeboard, then another employee B has to click on the shift on the Tradeboard and offer their shift2 in trade. Then employee A has to approve the request to work shift2 for their shift1, and then once they do THEN the request will appear on your Manager Pending Trades page awaiting approval. So perhaps your employees are not completing the approval of the trades being offered.
There is more information on how trading works on our Employee Help Page link.