Don’t see the
- Make sure you are on a Weekly view that has UNpublished shifts
- Some multi-week schedule views do not have a Publish button.
- Your main manager may not have set your permissions to allow you to publish.
Once your schedule is finished and you want to make it viewable by your employees when they sign in, you can Publish it. Publishing can be set to affect ALL POSITIONS in the account or you can choose only certain Positions to publish for the week.
When you Publish a schedule, your employees will then be able to see the published shifts for that week when they sign into their individual employee accounts. Employees can also choose to receive their published schedules via email.
Employees will see a “New Schedule” alert on their employee home page.
Managers will see status icons on the By Employee schedule view:
Employee has viewed their published shifts for that week
If you would like to Publish more than one week at a time, you can navigate to the first week and then click Publish – this will display all future weeks with shifts and you can choose how many weeks to Publish at that time. Publishing multiple weeks is only available when publishing all Positions.
Before publishing you may want to:
- Check the Statistics view for details and totals on your shifts
- And use the ANALYZE shifts function to check for any conflicts against the current employee work time preferences and constraints. Conflicts could occur if an employee has changed their work time preferences since you AutoFilled or created the schedule, or if unpublished shifts will then conflict with newly approved trades or if you partially publish.
Note: Publishing sends notifications to all employees for the affected positions if you have entered their email and that notification option has been chosen. Employees can click a link in the email to verify receipt of the schedule (You can turn off these notifications on your SETTINGS page). You also can send sign in instructions to your employees before publishing the first time that will include their username and password.
From any Unpublished weekly Schedule View:
- Navigate to the week you want to Publish, (or the first week in a series of weeks you want to fully Publish)
- Click Publish to open the Publish Schedule window (which will display how your SETTINGS option is currently set – notifications On or Off)
- To Publish more than one week, change the radio button to choose the week you want to publish through
- After publishing, the title at the top of the screen will show “Published Schedule” and the buttons will change.
- Some functions, such as Import, AutoFill and Clear, are not available after a schedule is fully published.
- A WhenToWork email is sent to employees (who have set up their notifications) informing them that there is a new schedule.
- Employees can then sign in and see their schedule for published shifts using their own username/password.
Any employee with an email entered and has chosen that notification option, will also receive an email that includes their schedule, any schedule notes, and a list of any open shifts they can work.
You can track which employees have
- viewed the schedule
- been sent an email, or
- verified receipt of the email on the Statistics or By Employee Schedule View.
You also will see the “On Tradeboard” icon and the “Trade Pending Approval” icon on this view next to any shift on the Tradeboard or awaiting approval.
“how to publish”, post a schedule, posting, make public, let employees see view schedule. publishing publishing publishing how to post a position how to post a position publish schedule publish schedulepublish schedule publish publish publish publish publish how to publish schedule how to publish schedule how to publish schedule post cal post cal enable public view publish shared schedules sharing scheduleds publish schedule publishing schedules publish a roster share how to publish a schedule how to publish a page how to post unassigned shift